And God said, ‘Behold, I have given you every plant yielding seed that is on the face of all the earth, and every tree with seed in its fruit. You shall have them for food’
This tiny little guy works absolute miracles!
I was first introduced to the life-changing Magic of Moringa last year and I honestly haven’t looked back since. When I first incorporated it into my diet, I didn’t have any expectations of what changes (if any) it’d bring, but I’ve been absolutely blown away by the countless benefits I’ve seen since doing so. It is so completely transformative and is full of boundless goodness on both a physical and spiritual level.
In 2017, I made a lot of changes to my diet and what substances I was consuming, this meant that my perceptions on nutrition changed quite drastically as I started to integrate lots of different things into my daily routine. With that being said, Moringa is by far, the best thing that I’ve decided to incorporate into my diet, not only in 2017 but my whole life (big claims, I know!).
For me, Moringa has been such an extremely powerful aid in so many different ways. On the physical level, as a bare minimum, it has increased my energy, concentration and alertness. It’s also helped to:
– reduce my cravings for sugar: still gotta love a bit of chocolate though, you know?!
– assist me in losing body fat: yaaaasssss honey – if you read my post on the pill, you will know this is major!
– clear up my skin and add lustre to my locks: some of my colleagues actually thought that I wore makeup and were seriously shocked when I let them know that’s just that Moringa glow!
– drastically reduced my water retention and cleared toxins from my body in the process: I probably gotta go to the bathroom 20 times a day but it’s cool.
– and I guess most noticeably, it has practically eradicated my period cramps and PMS to the point where I literally don’t even notice it’s that time off month: (mhmm you heard that right ladies) and all of these things are just the basics.
As for the spiritual levels, it’s massively helped to:
– decalcify and boost my pineal gland functioning: if you don’t know the importance of this, make sure you read Jaycee’s blog post here
– enhance meditations: it’s helped me to concentrate in moments of stillness and separate myself from the noise
– given me so much more clarity, increased my awareness, it’s aided my ability to take power over mind, as well as making me feel ‘cleaner’ in thought, body and spirit.
It’s actually amazing – even in terms of personality and conscious feeling; it’s enabled me to have much more positive and healthy thought processes and has kept me steadfast in this concrete jungle!
Ok, so enough of me waffling. Here’s a basic background on what you need to know:
The Moringa seed itself, comes from the Moringa Oleifera plant; it’s native to the sub-Himalayan region of India and many parts of Africa but is now grown in tropics all over the world. It’s extremely adaptable and can be cultivated in really inhospitable environments and even the poorest of soils as long as temperatures don’t fall below 20°C!
Moringa has gram-for-gram:
- More vitamin C than oranges
- Ten times more Vitamin A than carrots
- Four times more Calcium than a glass of milk
- Three times more Potassium than a banana
- And five times more Protein than yoghurt
Ancient Ayurvedic texts, record the plants being used over 4,000 years ago. It’s said that it penetrates into the body’s deepest tissues and even into the bone marrow itself. The Moringa plant has been proven to reverse the effects of moderate to severe malnutrition and as such, this penetration is rebuilding the marrow and literally restoring the life force at the deepest of levels. In these ancient texts, Moringa is cited as a treatment for over 300 different diseases; it was used as ‘a powerful blood cleanser for removing impurities, toxins, parasites and metabolic wastes.’ Essentially, Moringa rejuvenates cells from the inside out. The Egyptians also used Moringa heavily in their practices, from medicinal uses to even using it as perfume. Both of these ancient cultures saw the plant as having huge benefits and noted its profound effects on an individual’s mind, body, energy, personality and even spiritual tendencies too! They often used Moringa as an anti-depressant, as the seeds were revered for their overwhelming ability to give life-force energy and their ability to help overcome feelings of unworthiness.
TOP 5 BENEFITS OF MORINGA:
- BOOSTS YOUR IMMUNE SYSTEM: The seeds are packed with so many nutrients and contain huge levels of vitamin C, which we all know does wonders for your immune system. It also helps to heal minor cuts and bruises really quickly too!
- LOWERS CHOLESTEROL AND AIDS WEIGHT LOSS: The seeds have zero cholesterol in them and are widely known to help reverse and control the effects of high cholesterol. Moringa seeds have oleic acid within them, which can prevent blood clots. Oils from the seed, break down saturated fats and work with our digestive system to get rid of all of the fats that we don’t need, therefore reducing belly fat!
- LOWERS BLOOD PRESSURE AND BLOOD SUGAR LEVELS: The seed is extremely rich in zinc which significantly aids the regulation of insulin secretion, as these rates become more normal so does blood sugar levels.
- ANTI-INFLAMMATORY: This one is especially true for those suffering from arthritis, as the seeds can reduce soreness and boost the health of our joints by strengthening them with amino-acids and proteins!
- CANCER PREVENTION: Moringa’s anti-carcinogenic properties are said to increase the death count of cancerous cells and actually stop their growth and development!
As well as all of the above, Moringa seeds are used for: purifying water, treating malnutrition, as an anti-fungal, prevention of kidney stones, treatment of constipation, reduce liver fibrosis, enhances sleep, promotes hair growth and beautiful skin. (Please do go and research them for yourselves, trust me when I say that you will be blown away!)
So friends, there you have it – The Magic of Moringa. I seriously recommend that anyone and everyone considers bringing this powerful seed of life into your world. It’s time we consciously make moves towards looking at health holistically; as our ancestors were, instead of popping copious amounts of pills!
You will not regret it!
Love and Peace
– Jasmine Reinah xo