Okay, so two fun facts about me:
- I genuinely have the biggest sweet tooth in the entire world.
- I’m in a committed relationship with the gym.
But every relationship has its issues right? The BIG ONE for us is of course chocolate, closely followed by cashews and peanut butter!
This has meant I’ve really had to get creative in the kitchen to create some goodies to keep my cravings at bay and not completely ruin all of my progress.
My absolute weakness in life, are soft and gooey brownies. So it was only right that I make a clean version that are equally as delicious. I kid you not, these are the best raw brownies I have ever eaten; they are gorgeously velvety and fudgey and definitely give my naughty brownies a run for their money. This recipe is completely vegan, gluten free and ridiculously easy to make!
What you’ll need (these are estimations as I didn’t measure anything and I couldn’t help but have a cheeky nibble!):
- 230g unsweetened dates
- 200g ground pistachios, 200g ground cashews, 200g ground almonds
- 100-150g chopped walnuts
- 250-300g unsweetened cocoa powder (I use green and blacks)
- Chocolate protein powder (if you fancy it)
- 80g cocoa nibs
- Dash of cinnamon, Splash of unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil, 2 tablespoon of peanut butter
Here’s what to do:
- In a food processor, grind up all of the nuts. I like to leave mine a little chunky for the added texture and crunch!
- Add in the dates, a little at a time until it’s all mixed together.
- Add in the cocoa powder, cinnamon and protein powder (if you’re using it) and mix again.
- Pop it into a bowl and then stir in the coconut oil, cocoa nibs, peanut butter and almond milk.
- Pour the mixture into a brownie pan and leave to set in the fridge.
I usually top mine off with a tasty chocolate frosting; by melting some sugar free dark chocolate with almond milk. You don’t have to do this but honestly, it takes them to a whole different level – absolutely heavenly!
Once they’re all set, slice them up into bars and have them on hand whenever you get that super sweet craving!
Squats and Chocolate,
Jasmine Reinah xo